For the Grandkids and/or the Kid in You
Here’s another little something fun for the kids in your life — maybe your children, grandchildren, the kids next door, or just your kid at heart. Borax Crystal Snowflakes, courtesy of Delia Creates (http://deliacreates.blogspot.com).
Boiling hot water – enough to fill one pint sized mason jar
1/3 cup borax – you can find this in the laundry aisle
pint mason jar
1. Form your pipe cleaners into a snowflake shape or whatever shape you desire, while you boil water.
2. Add water to your mason jars.
3. Mix in borax. Stir it but don’t worry if it isn’t completely dissolved.
4. Attach your pipe cleaner shape to the string and hang it from the pen/pencil while submerging it in your jar.
5. Leave it overnight. The next morning you should have a pretty crystal snowflake.